12.06.2005

The Christmas Season....

What do you write about during this time. So much is happening you would need to write 5 books in order to fit it all. But GOD is still good and Christ the center of it all.

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. - Matthew 1:23


Jesus, the Light of the World, as we celebrate your birth ... may we begin to see the world in the light of understanding you give us. As you chose the lowly, the outcasts, and the poor to receive the greatest news the world had ever known, so may we worship you in meekness of heart. May we also remember our brothers and sisters less fortunate than ourselves in this season of giving. Amen.

- Karen L. Oberst

8 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

I miss you.

Heather Dowling said...

Not sure what we are doing for New Years yet. So far no concrete plans. We spoke with Tim and Kathy about doing something but never came to any conclusions.

I want to visit NC sometime in the next year, not sure when. Avoiding a whole week might be best considering our work schedules.

What's your idea? Are you coming to our place for Christmas?

Heather Dowling said...

I'm here. Sorry. I was off yesterday. I tried calling you at work though, but you were at lunch. I got a bit busy after that and forgot to call again. We'll have to talk more about your idea. I'll have to run it by R.Jay

Heather Dowling said...

I finally updated.

Kat said...

I hope to see you soon!!!

Heather Dowling said...

So far just Christmas dinner at Jennifer's (R.Jay's sister). You?

Heather Dowling said...

I wouldn't expect Jennifer's dinner will be that late. She likes getting Riley to bed early. You could always come in the evening and we could have that into Monday together? Thoughts?

Heather Dowling said...

Yeah, coming Christmas night would be fun!

To be honest, I haven't even talked with him about the situation. We've barely seen each other this week! We have tomorrow together, I'll talk with him then. You can call me if you want.