4.11.2006

The Glorious Sunset...

I read the daily bread today and it talked about "The Glorious Sunset". The time when life continues and suddenly you find yourself to be at an old age. They described it as this...
At evening time it shall happen that it will be light.
- Zechariah 14:7
You cannot escape the advancing years. Youth stays long enough only to strengthen our shoulders for the burdens ahead. Life leads inevitably to the evening time. But the best things are the oldest things-things that have endured and stood the test of time. God Himself—though not bound by time-is called the Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9).
I was so encouraged as I read this. Although I know that Joe and I have much to go through, I am excited about taking each day knowing that Old age is not something to be feared. I have been reminded of this very thing over the past couple of days.
Joe and I since Friday evening have been attending a mission's conference in Scipio NY. It is a small community church with many "young at heart" in attendance. We have been able to spend a lot of time with them for dinners and such, and I am so blessed by their wisdom and knowledge. I just wish I had days to talk with them about their experiences and faith.
Praise the Lord for each stage of life!!!!
So I journey with rejoicing
Toward the city of God's light,
While each day my joy is deeper,
And the pathway grows more bright. - Hoffman

4 comments:

Kat said...

That's part of why I wanted to be a CNA because of caring for these kinds of people when most people don't!!!

Heather Dowling said...

Good stuff. I think about aging often... not necessarily the elderly today but what my generation will be like in those days. I think about how fast this life is and how quick youth really was. It's just amazing. Anyhow... Check your email:)

Kat said...

Thanks for your kind words...I hope I am giving off a good attitude...I am trying;)

Bethany said...

Hey Heidi,

Always encouraged to read your blogs...since I don't get the daily bread here in Costa Rica, I love getting it here:) Things here are good, let me know about the new car!! Sounds exciting! How's the support coming? Sounds like you guys are in churches non stop. I'm praying,

Bethany