4.05.2006

Always Awake...

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone,
O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
- Psalm 4:8
A mother and her 4-year-old daughter were preparing for bed. The child was afraid of the dark. When the lights were turned off, the girl noticed the moon shining through the window. "Mommy," she asked, "is that God's light up there?" "Yes, it is," came the reply. Soon another question: "Will He put it out and go to sleep too?" "Oh no, He never goes to sleep." After a few silent moments, the little girl said, "As long as God is awake, I'm not scared." Realizing that the Lord would be watching over her, the reassured child soon fell into a peaceful sleep.
In His care confiding
I will sweetly sleep,
For the Lord my Savior
Will in safety keep. - Psalter

If you have trouble getting to sleep, try resting in the Lord.

4 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

I was wondering where my long lost sister had vanished to! Good to see you last week. Any ideas on when you're leaving and returning from NC?

Heather Dowling said...

I'm feeling much better, thanks. Not 100%, but getting there.

I wish I could come with you. Are you and Joe still thinking of doing a trip with us later this year?

Do you have any good ice breakers ideas for a party?

Heather Dowling said...

Hey hun.

I am getting excited. There won't be many people like I had hoped but it will be fun, just like last time. I wish you could come!

When are you thinking of going down again?

Just email me when you have some ideas for party ice breakers/games.

Love you.

Kat said...

That's a cute story. Did you get your new car yet??