4.26.2006

Be True To Your Word....

More and more I am finding that your foundation is all that you have.... Letting your yes be yes and your no be no, is so crucial in today's age. Expecially when you are sharing the True Word of God....
It's important that Christians act and speak so that the Savior is glorified. When you give your word, keep it. If you make a commitment, honor it. If you take on an obligation, fulfill it. As Jesus said in Matthew 5:37, "Let your 'Yes' be 'Yes.'"

Our honesty and reliability should be so evident that we can be trusted for any contract we make. What better testimony could be said of a believer than this: "He gave his word; that's good enough for me." And if non-Christians can trust us in business matters, they are more likely to believe us when we speak about the gospel.

Uphold me in the common strife;
Give me the grace to work and plan;
And in the marketplace of life,
O keep me, Lord, an honest man.
- Bayliss

Never give your word unless you intend to keep it.

2 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

I remember the first time I heard the phrase "practice what you preach" and it was explained to me. I now try to live a lifestyle with that "motto" if you will. I don't want to give advice I can't heed. I want to be true to my Word. Kind of falls along that path, thanks for keeping me on my toes;)

Kat said...

Right on!!! Your absolutely right!!!