3.13.2006

God is in Control....

Wow, what a weekend. Joe and I were able to spend time with good friends that we haven't seen in a while. They have a "soon to be" 2 year old, 1 year old, and another baby on the way. It was so refreshing to play with their girls. At first going there I thought, oh no, what if I get really discouraged, after 3 years of marriage not having any children. But no way, I had a great time and learned more and more that God is in Control, and He has a perfect time or way for whatever is to come.
I just have to praise the Lord, because so many BAD things are happening lately and I am becoming more and more joyful as they happen. I am just so amazed at this. Usually I freak out, break down crying, and have a hissy fit. But not this time, I kinda like it :-) PRAISE THE LORD!!!
"..who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer."
- 2 Corinthians 1:4-6

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Heidi,

It's so good to hear that God is working in your heart to give you that perspective on life...I'm praying for you, as you're still working too:) I miss you loads as well! About the groups at the institute, as far as I know there is a singles group organized for us because we are pretty much all alone here without husband/wife or family or friends from back home. There is usually a couple in charge of it, and we just go on trips from time to time during the trimester, like this tri we have gone to Monteverde to do a skytour through the rainforest and then rafting. We still have one more day trip set for later on. It has been really good and encouraging, to get to know more people, and some of us have become really good friends now. God has really given me two especially solid friendships here, and I thank him for both of them. However, there are a lot of young married couples at the institute, and you get to know everyone so fast, you will naturally fall into place, make good friends, and get involved in certain ministries..by about now (mid tri) you feel like you have SO much to do it's unreal...because of the friends and ministries God has given:) It's a real joy to be here and I am praying to see you guys soon. I've decided to stay the entire year of the program, so if you make it by summer, we would be here my last trimester together! I am praying!!!!!

Love you loads,
Bethany

Kat said...

I am praying for you for all of God's blessing to be bestowed upon you through the storms of life. You have a great attitude!!!

Heather Dowling said...

Hey sis

I miss you tons! I love your positive spirit!!! Call me when you can so we can chat:)

Anonymous said...

Love the new look. very spring-like. and i love your upbeat post - what an example of faith you are!

Heather Dowling said...

Of course I miss you. We most definately have to plan something. Things are going really well. Just really busy. And with you my dear?

Heather Dowling said...

The concert is on friday at 7pm. Will that not work?