3.27.2006

The Struggles that Refine....

Well, what do I say, I am surprised, not at all.....

Joe and I headed to Michigan on Thursday very excited for a long road trip and much talking. But as we reach half way into Canada. Our peace was broken by "that noise again". Before we left we had our car fixed because it was running really rough, and of course that didn't fix it. Being in Canada we were kind of trapped, so across the border we pushed the car to drive another 2 hours before being looked at. Praise the Lord that we were able to have it looked at right away and headed to our hotel. What a blessing in disguises it was that Joe and I spent a night in a very nice hotel! But came the next day driving to our destination another 40 minutes away and the "problem" came back. So finding another "car doctor" they did what they could but told us that this was ONLY and temporary fix to get us across Canada and back to Syracuse. But Praise the Lord we made it home safely Saturday night and we were able to go to our home church on Sunday. Where we spent ALL day at church preparing for a get together on Wednesday.




Oh so much to go through, so much stress, and so much blessings. But I am very thankful for my struggles. As pastor preached Sunday morning.....






"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. "
- 2 Corinthians 1 :3-7
May I be refined

8 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

Wow! What a trip, huh!? Glad you're home safe. Looks like you'll be needing a new vehicle.

The date changed quite a few weeks ago when we found out CFC will be having VISION the weekend of the 22nd. I left you a comment about that in early March.

Are you still free the 22nd?

Rose of the Hill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather Dowling said...

I know. I'm almost positive we've already had this discussion though:)

The 8th was the the only other time I could do it and have it work for others. I thought you were still planning on coming to visit and we were hoping to get together with jackie?

Are you coming to our house the weekend of the 22nd?

Kat said...

I am glad you made it home in one piece....I wonder what Jack Bauer would have done in that situation....hmmmm....lol!!!

Heather Dowling said...

I'm all for going. I think R.Jay said he'll go too. Are the $21 seats the only ones left? You haven't answered my question: are you coming to our house the 22nd?

Heather Dowling said...

I definately want to go to the concert w/ you and Joe. So just let me know which seats you want:) So you wouldn't be able to spend friday or saturday night the weekend of the 22nd?

Heather Dowling said...

I guess I'm really confused. Do you want to sit in the artist circle or the other seats? And you didn't answer my question about that weekend:). Would you be able to spend any nights? Maybe we should talk on the phone (i'm a bit airheaded) hehe. I'll be home after 9 tonight if you want!

Kat said...

I was so glad to see you yesterday although I wish it was longer!!! Your beautiful smile brightened my day...maybe when Heather is done working and I have a day off we can come down for a day, just for girls!!!