11.17.2005

The Little things God uses....

The last few days have been hard....

My body completely shut down yesterday. It didn't like the fact that I have so many things I am doing and that my emotions are going crazy!!!!!

Only 9 days left until D day(when my family leaves). It is a bitter sweet time for me. It is sad to see family leave but exciting that they are beginning a new! Leaving home at 17 to live in Syracuse and being "gone" from the home since then, I guess it is not as hard right now realizing that I will not see them so often. Or maybe it's because I am heading up the children's christmas play at church, putting together a "mystery dinner" night with the married couples at our church, picking out songs and arranging times for the Ladies Ensemble to sing at church, Bible Studies, Birthday and Christmas shopping, Planning Thanksgiving with my sister, and Working 8 to 5 Monday through Friday..... Ahhhhhhh!

But then it is the little things God uses to remind me that He should still be first and that life is still happening around me. So yesterday as my body shut down and sadness, happiness, stress, worry, and lonliness began to fill my moments, I walked into work this morning feeling broken. So broken that I would never be able to be fixed. Then I read my sister's blog. "the little thing that God used" She reminded me that I still have a family who cares and understands my frustration because they too in fact are facing the same struggles. So as I weep while my pieces are being put back together, I am gratefull. For God, my husband, my families, my church...but mostly today, I'm gratefull for..... My sister, I LOVE HER....VERY MUCH

Have a great day Heather.... :-)

5 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

I'm sure my co-workers are curious as to why I'm crying right now. Why are women so emotional? You're the best, you make me feel appreciated... I love you!

Kat said...

Just remember, where friendships fade and lose touch, families last forever...you will never be apart from them no matter how far they are, or you are for that matter!!!

Heather Dowling said...

I still think my sister Rocks.

Heather Dowling said...

Wednesday evening couldn't come quick enough.

Heather Dowling said...

Hola sista!
R.Jay gets this certificate for a big turkey so we'll get that. Mom is getting condiments like cranberry sause, cottage cheese, olives, etc. I have potatoes. We need squash if you want to get that and one of us will have to get things for stuffing and gravy. What else can you think of? I have some pumpkin left over from when I made the pumpkin swirl cheesecake.