9.17.2007

Monday, Sept. 17, 2007

Today Joe and I got to sleep in a little. It was very nice, since we have been going since we got here. We were able to enjoy a nice breakfast while we did our devotions, waiting for Diana and Antonio to get home. Once they got home, we all packed into the car and headed to McDonalds, yes that’s right McDonalds. We all ate there and then Joe, Antonio, and TJ (Navarretes son) went to the church to walk around the area and have a prayer time for the church. Diana, myself, and Alyssa (Navarretes daughter) talked for a while and then walked around the area looking at different Mexican stores. I was surprised how similar it is to the United States but different at the same time. From there I had my first Taxi ride in Mexico City. I was nervous hoping that taking a Taxi was ok, but Diana assured me that it is good and normal. From there I went with our administrators, Bethany, and the singles director, Carol to the English class Bethany taught. It was a wonderful time, the students had to interview us in English and then we sat in front of them and they asked us questions like a panel. There was 5 of us, and I felt so special as most of them always wanted to ask ME a question! It was such a great time. We shared snack with them, and then got to chat. From there we headed to the Allen’s home for dinner, and the single girls started scaring me with all the rodent stories about Mexico… yey fun. Then our whole entire Mexico City team called into our prayer call with Joe and I and they all got to pray with us! Finally as we were heading home, the Navarretes received a call that someone in the church here in Mexico had died. So we headed home fast and Antonio, Diana, and Alyssa changed and went right over to the wife’s home, ready to attend a funeral at 10pm! Ministry is tough… but wonderful!

2 comments:

mrsdmf72205 said...

It sounds as if you're having a wonderful time in Mexico! I'm so glad to hear that! Oh, and by the way, CONGRATULATIONS AUNT HEIDI!!!:-)

Dorie said...

It is so exciting to read this each day. I am so happy that as different as things are there, you have many things that are familiar. What a joy to hear Joe and you are loving it there. Love to you both.