9.25.2007

Saturday, Sept. 22 2007

Our flight went very well. We went with Aero Mexico and we very much enjoy this airline. The flight was only an hour and 20 mins, but still not only did we get a drink but we got breakfast! We had fresh fruit, a chocolate muffin and coffee! The view was also amazing! We got to see the two highest volcanoes in Mexico City. They had snow on them and were absolutely beautiful. The gulf of Mexico is huge! I didn’t realize how big it is! We landed in Cancun and it was raining. We were sad when we stepped off the plane but when we got to the resort we were amazed. It was so cool when we got into the entrance of the resort, we were asked to leave our bags in the van and they would talk them out and take them to our room for us! Then we were immediately greeted, by an employee that gave us all of our information, along with another employee serving us a drink right away! Although it rained all day we were able to walk around the resort and enjoy its beauty! I have never seen an ocean so blue. The waves are strong and beautifully white. I was so excited to see a massage area until I found out that it costs $45 for 30mins and $70 for 1 hour… oye vay! Joe and I were able to help greet Missionaries coming in and tour them around! It was so much fun, I felt like an official tour guide! After touring we were able to walk on the beach and visit the pools! Then we grabbed the Navarrete family and headed to one of the best dinners I have ever had! We had to wear pants and no T-shirts or shorts were allowed, or they would not let you in! It was beautiful. Lanterns on the tables and silver plates! It was Italian night… my favorite. And I ordered something like Manicotti. It was absolutely gorgeous and then I got dessert and coffee, and it was so hard no to eat the dessert because it was like a piece of art! More tomorrow!

Pics of Cancun...

No comments: