9.20.2007

Wednesday, Sept. 19th 2007

Joe and I went to a prayer meeting this morning. It took everything in me not to fall asleep while we were praying. The missionaries here say it takes 2 – 3 days to hit a wall of major tiredness. I guess it took me 5. Yeay me! From there we went to a very nice restaurant. I am continually being surprised about how nice this City is. I had what is called a Huchara solo. It is a thick corn tortilla open faced with beans and cheese in a green salsa sauce! Then I was able to go to Costco! It was just like a Sam’s club, but the Target type brand. It was wonderful to walk through and see the similarities and differences. From there we went to one of the poorest spots in the city to see a kids club that Darlene is working at. Dirt roads and concrete ugly gray brick walls were everywhere. Where the church was there was mold growing in the outside of the walls, but it was hard to see it through the people’s smiles! What a wonderful work! This past Sunday they had 45 people come to Sunday service! Praise the Lord! Joe and I sent with the Allens to pick up there children from school. They go to a MK Christian school in Mexico City! Yes, I was so excited to go and get a tour. I was very impressed and it was quite large for what you can get in Mexico City… mmm we will see. Being so tired it was hard to get going the rest of the day. But it was exciting, we ate at a Popeyes fast food, which Joe LOVED because of there moist chicken. All I can say is … yuck. J From there I was able to go to a Walmart. Again, I was so amazed at how I felt like I was in the States, but at the same time there were definitely differences. Then we went to Waldo’s which is just like the Dollar store in the States, it was great! FINALLY, I was able to go home and eat my wonderful Dark Chocolate which I Have been craving since we left! :-)

No comments: