9.20.2007

Thursday, Sept. 20th 2007

Today began with sleep, yes sleep! Joe and I were able to sleep in and it felt so good! We checked the phone when we woke and it was 9:00am, so we quickly got up thinking that our host family would think we are lazy. We got into the shower and got all ready. I went down stairs to find no one there and realized that none of them were up yet. So I made coffee and did my devotions. They didn’t wake up until 10:30am! I could have been in bed so much longer. Then we were able to go to the Tiangis Market. It was incredible. It was an open market that sold EVERYTHING. Fresh fruit, fish, Animals and their parts that I don’t really want to know about. Clothes, home things. My sister would love it, because it was like a HUGE garage sale! Here is a photo of some of the “interesting” food that we saw there.


Then we headed to the Allens house and was able to chill for a little bit, eat a wonderful chicken salad and potato soup, and then had our team meeting. Today was nice compared to the other days of go go go. And then I was able to walk to a tiny corner store with Joe and TJ and look at all the little small stores around. It was great!

Tomorrow we get to go DOWNTOWN!

1 comment:

Heather Dowling said...

I'm loving your updates and completely jealous of you going to that market!!! Can't wait 'till you're here!!!